The Village and Chamber officials have been working together to create some new parking spaces around the Village of Skaneateles.
- The all day portion of the municipal lot between Jordan and State Street has been re-striped to add additional spaces, including handicap spaces. Parking pay stations have been installed to issue $2.00 all day parking permits. The pay stations will accept quarters, dollars, and $5.00 bills. The stations do not provide change back. Short term parking is also allowed in this part of the lot. The first 15 minutes are free, each half hour is $.25 up to a maximum of $2.00 for all day. Many Village Merchants will provide change if needed, including the Skaneateles Chamber office at 22 Jordan Street.
- The south end of the municipal lot will remain 2 hour FREE short term parking, and there will be a designated area for RESIDENTS ONLY.
- The village meters have all been replaced, and are looking new and shiny. Quarters only are accepted in the meters.
- FREE PARKING is available at: Austin Park Pavilion, some village streets, behind the post office on Fennell Street, and at the old Fire Station at 26 Fennell Street.
- Paid parking areas are enforced between 8 am and 6 pm, Monday-Saturday, and from Noon-6 pm on Sundays and Holidays.
- During Dickens Christmas....take the DICKENS EXPRESS. Call the Skaneateles Chamber of Commerce at 315-685-0552 or click on events and attractions off the Skaneateles.com home page, then click on Dickens Christmas for details.