Buy Local....It Pays!
Here is why:
1. Buy Local - Support Yourself: Several studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned business, rather than a nationally owned business, significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses. 73 cents of every dollar spent locally stays within the community. Whereas only 43 cents of every dollar spent at a national chain stays within the community.
2. Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% moresupport from small business owners than they do from large business owners.
3. Keep our community unique: Where we shop, where we eat and have fun - all of it makes our community home.
4. Create more good jobs: Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and in our community, and provide the most jobs to residents. Support local business - many of those businesses will be hiring your children this summer!
Stay tuned here for more reasons why to buy local and stories of how our residents are making a difference by buying locally!
BUY LOCAL TIP FOR FEBRUARY:
* Skaneateles Chamber Gift Certificates are a great gift and encourage Buy Local! Skaneateles Gift Certificates are good at any of our 400+ chamber members. Click here to buy online or pick up from the Skaneateles Chamber of Commerce, 22 Jordan Street, Skaneateles. Call 315-685-0552 with questions or to purchase over the phone.