You don’t really need a reason to come to Skaneateles beyond the natural beauty of the Lake and its surroundings, the shops, the myriad eateries, and so much more. But if you did need a reason - and that reason is music - you will find several opportunities to fulfill your desire.
♪ Band concerts in Clift Park at the Gazebo: bring a chair or blanket and relax to the patriotic, marching band, pop, show tunes, or light classical scores of the evening. These concerts are free, every Friday at 7:00pm!
-For more information: contact the Chamber of Commerce at (315) 685-0552
♪ Skaneateles Festival: experience chamber music at it’s finest, at times with a bit of “avante-garde and jazz influenced works” from premier artists around the world.
- This year, violinist, Hilary Hahn will be returning for encore performances on August 16th and 17th
- A single concert admission begins at $22 depending on date and seating area. All Family Fest concerts, Open Rehearsals, Musical Happy Hours, and Master Classes are free and open to the public. Ticket packages are available.
- When? These concerts are held Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at varying venues beginning August 13 – September 5
- For more information contact the Skaneateles Festival office at (315) 685-7418, or visit the Festival's website at skanfest.org
♪ The Sherwood Inn: enjoy the various musicians performing each Sunday in August.
- No cover charge
- 26 West Genesee Street
- When? Sundays, 4 to 7 PM
- For more information contact either (315) 685-3405 or (800) 374-3796, or visit The Sherwood's website at thesherwoodinn.com
♪ The Blue Water Grill: Saxophonist John Spillett and pianist Andrew Carroll perform jazz and pop standards for your dining/listening pleasure.
♪ Lake House Pub: stop by for Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday evening performances!
- No cover charge
- 6 West Genesee Street
- When? Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday evenings
- For more information contact the Pub at (315) 554-8194 or visit their website at lakehousepub.com
From now until September:
♪ If it’s musical theater you’re looking for, you’ll find the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse and it’s sister venue, Auburn Public Theatre, just minutes away in Auburn. Ticket prices vary depending on date, time, age and location.
Merry-Go-Round Playhouse Box Office
- Located at Emerson Park Route 38A, Auburn
- For more information contact the Box Office at (315) 255-1785 or visit their website at merry-go-round.com
Auburn Public Theatre
- Located at 108 Genesee Street, Auburn
- For more information contact the Box Office at (315) 253-6669 or visit their website at auburnpublictheater.com